02 January 2017

2016 Stitch Recap


Happy New Year!

It's that time again where I like to look back at what I stitched the past year.

So what happened in 2016??

* One of my goals every year is to post more often. Well, I think I accomplished that for the most part. Although I only posted 17 times in 2016 here on this blog, I did also post 17 times as a contributor on Feeling Stitchy, so I am satisfied with those numbers.


* Speaking of being a contributor ... some of my most favorite stitching from the year was for Feeling Stitchy: I got to do two book reviews (here and here), stitched a woven basket with flowers, experimented with plushwork, and the woven picot stitch with wool.


* As for the woven picot stitch, I think 2016 may have been my "year of the woven picot stitch flower". I may have become slightly obsessed with them...




* Most viewed post of 2016 was this little French Knot sheep 


* My favorite embroidery project of the year was this embroidered flower lady


Now on to my 2017 goals for embroidery. I only have two for myself this year:

1. Post as often as possible on Feeling Stitchy. I know I should probably post more on my own blog, but honestly, Feeling Stitchy has more readers and it feels good to share my embroidery to an audience I know exists. HA!

2. That being said, I know there may be some people that actually look at this blog and that is AWESOME!! Thank you for taking the time to check out my stitching here!! I am still going to post here, but as my second goal, it will be mostly about completing my WIPs.

What I mean  is, I have so many projects that I have started just for fun or for myself or even old projects that I want to finish and take better photos of. That is going to be my goal for this year: have fun with my embroidery and finish all those old projects that I have put on the back burner and share them here!

All right - if you made it this far, I wish you a Happy New Year and Happy Stitching!!

Previous year recaps: 2013, 2014, 2015




5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Always enjoy what you post here, to see your WIPs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Your work is all beautiful. I may have to try making one of your poinsettias with the woven picot stitch. (It is on my list of stitches to practice and I have a couple of Christmas themed crazy quilt projects on my To Do List.) Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Renee!! Oh, if you do try the woven picot stitch, please let me know!! I would to see it! Happy New Year! :)

      Delete
    2. Hi! I finally worked the woven picot stitch into a poinsettia on a crazy quilt stocking I am making for my son. I linked back to this post in my blog post. Thank you for the beautiful inspiration!

      Delete