02 January 2017
2016 Stitch Recap
Happy New Year!
It's that time again where I like to look back at what I stitched the past year.
So what happened in 2016??
* One of my goals every year is to post more often. Well, I think I accomplished that for the most part. Although I only posted 17 times in 2016 here on this blog, I did also post 17 times as a contributor on Feeling Stitchy, so I am satisfied with those numbers.
* Speaking of being a contributor ... some of my most favorite stitching from the year was for Feeling Stitchy: I got to do two book reviews (here and here), stitched a woven basket with flowers, experimented with plushwork, and the woven picot stitch with wool.
* As for the woven picot stitch, I think 2016 may have been my "year of the woven picot stitch flower". I may have become slightly obsessed with them...
* Most viewed post of 2016 was this little French Knot sheep
* My favorite embroidery project of the year was this embroidered flower lady
Now on to my 2017 goals for embroidery. I only have two for myself this year:
1. Post as often as possible on Feeling Stitchy. I know I should probably post more on my own blog, but honestly, Feeling Stitchy has more readers and it feels good to share my embroidery to an audience I know exists. HA!
2. That being said, I know there may be some people that actually look at this blog and that is AWESOME!! Thank you for taking the time to check out my stitching here!! I am still going to post here, but as my second goal, it will be mostly about completing my WIPs.
What I mean is, I have so many projects that I have started just for fun or for myself or even old projects that I want to finish and take better photos of. That is going to be my goal for this year: have fun with my embroidery and finish all those old projects that I have put on the back burner and share them here!
All right - if you made it this far, I wish you a Happy New Year and Happy Stitching!!
Previous year recaps: 2013, 2014, 2015
Labels: yearly recap