13 October 2015

Something Old: Embroidered Foot Stool

I have this little foot stool that was my mom's and I use it to put my feet up while stitching. (In fact, I am using it now under my desk while typing this too!)

It has been covered many times with different colored fabrics. Back in 2010, I decided to cover it yet again with black fabric.

I had no real idea what I was going to embroider on it - I just grabbed some purple thread and started.


embroidered foot stool

It looks like I did fly stitch with french knots and a couple lines of stem stitch.

This is one of my favorite embroidery projects- mostly because I did it all free hand - with no specific  design or idea - no pressure.

I need to do that more often.

embroidered foot stool

It's surprising how well the stitching has held up over the years too. These are the photos I took the day I finished and covered the stool.

embroidered foot stool


"Something Old"  posts are when I look through my old embroidery photos prior to this blog and post about them. See my previous posts here.


1 comment:

  1. I love no-pressure projects like that. Yours looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete